With summer right around the corner, everyone in the Capitol Home Health office is on a health kick, myself included. We’re all looking for a filling snack that has health benefits and will curb those 3PM munchies. My go to choice is a banana.
Bananas are known to be one of the healthiest, nutrient-packed foods that contain more potassium than any other food. If you eat two ripe bananas a day, for at least 30 days the benefits of a banana unfold tremendously and your body will receive a huge dose of antioxidants which help fight against cancerous cells in your body.
This alone is very important and awesome, but the banana also packs in a bunch of other benefits for your body. Here are some things that happen to your body when you eat two ripe bananas a day for 30 days.
Bananas combat depression.
- Bananas contain a high level or tryptophan which converts to serotonin. Serotonin is known alleviate depression symptoms which are linked to low serotonin levels.
Bananas are great for your brain.
- Bananas release energy slowly which helps the brain stay alert for a longer period of time.
Bananas help give you energy.
- Fructose, glucose and sucrose are three natural sugars found in bananas that provide an instant and sustained boost of energy.
Bananas alleviate heartburn.
- The high potassium levels help reduce the stomach’s acidity, while the fiber helps aid digestion.
Bananas lower blood pressure.
- Research shows that eating two bananas a day can lower your blood pressure by 10%.
Bananas are great for your bones.
- The nutrients in bananas help build and sustain strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
Bananas can aid in quitting smoking.
- Potassium, magnesium and vitamin B6 are known to reduce nicotine withdrawal and are all found in bananas.
Bananas help cure hangovers.
- Bananas high electrolyte levels helps regulate them and get you back to a normal, healthy state.
Bananas can alleviate constipation.
- Bananas are high in fiber and fiber aids in the normalization of bowel movements.
Bananas enhance memory.
- Bananas can help improve and sustain memory because of their high levels of tryptophan, potassium and magnesium levels.
With all the positive attributes that bananas can impose on your body, there’s no reason not to grab for a banana next time you need a snack or better yet, to try the banana challenge of eating two a day for a month so you can see the full effect of their positive effects on your body. Enjoy!